Crowns are used to restore the function, health, and beauty of teeth that have become damaged or decayed. A dental crown completely encases the tooth, protecting it and restoring the structure of the tooth. Your dentist in Des Plaines, Illinois, Dr. Edward Kenny, may recommend a dental crown to:
- Protect a weakened or fractured tooth
- Complete a dental implant
- Support a dental bridge
- Repair a significantly damaged or decayed tooth
- Follow up root canal therapy
- Enhance the beauty of your smile
Your dental crown will look and feel like a natural tooth, and Dr. Kenny will ensure that it fits your smile comfortably. To learn more about how a dental crown can improve your smile, we welcome you to call or visit our Des Plaines, Illinois dental office.